The Global Big Latch On at the AV Birth Center
Last year over 14 thousand women from 28 countries “latched-on” in support of breastfeeding. Join us on August 6 at the Antelope Valley Birth Center where women from around the Antelope Valley will “gather together to breastfeed and offer peer support to each other.”
The Big Latch On aims to protect, promote & support breastfeeding families by:
- Provide support for communities to identify and grow opportunities to provide on-going breastfeeding support and promotion in local communities.
- Raise awareness of breastfeeding support and knowledge available locally and globally.
- Help communities positively support breastfeeding in public places.
- Make breastfeeding as normal part of day-to-day life at a local community level.
- Increase support for women who breastfeed – women are supported by their partners, family and their communities.
- Ensure communities have the resources to advocate for coordinated appropriate and accessible breastfeeding support services.
Official “Latch Time” is 10:30 am but come a little early – we’ll be there at 9:00 am.
The Global Big Latch On is a highly successful, targeted community development initiative that raises awareness of breastfeeding, encourages the formation of support networks between breastfeeding women, and aims to normalize breastfeeding as a part of daily life.